Coming Soon (late Fall) at our *new* facility on Fitzhugh Rd!
Enter your email address above to be notified, as soon as it's available!
Typical Class Topics:
- Choose Your Own Dough Adventure: Multiple pathways to extend fermentation to make more flavorful breads that fit into your schedule
- Mixing, fermenting, shaping and baking using tools available for a home baker
- Advanced techniques for making breads of character
- The state of the local grain economy in Central Texas
- The role of native enzymes in dough and how to manipulate them for better bread
- Evaluating a loaf of bread
- Hands on making/baking of a multigrain sourdough boule
- Hands on making/baking of a sourdough rye pan loaf
- Demonstration of making a heirloom corn bread
- Stone milling, roller milling, hammer milling and milling your own flour at home
- Heritage local grains vs. commodity grains and how they relate to baking performance
**We encourage you to B.Y.O.B.!**