Buckwheat Flour (certified organic)

Try this flour in our RECIPES:

Mancan Buckwheat is a mid-season buckwheat that was developed at the Agriculture Canada Research Station, Morden, Manitoba in 1973. It has a seed size 26% larger than the standard Tokyo variety.
It is the perfect way to pump up the nutrition of your everyday bakes and makes!

We mill the whole buckwheat with the hull on, and then sift to remove approximately 85% of the crushed hull material. What remains is a lightly speckled flour that retains the flavor and complexity of the hull without any gritty texture. 

  • Class:Seed, Pseudo-Cereal
  • Grown in:Trilla, IL by Farmers, and brothers, Samuel and Charles Stodden 
  • Available types: Fine Sifted Flour
  • Protein:  Protein % is not indicative of buckwheat's baking performance, therefore we do not test for it.  Learn more.
  • Flavor profile: ComplexEarthy
  • We love it added to: Crepes, Pancakes, Quick Breads, Soba Noodles

Customer Reviews

Based on 42 reviews
David Dickinson

Felt shipping was slow but product is excellent and packaged well. Thank you

David Hetherington
Buckwheat Flour Looks Great! Packaging Insufficient

The Buckwheat flour looks and smells amazing (Have not had a chance to try it in pancakes yet). The packaging needs some work. The bag of flour was shipped in a small box of about twice the volume of the flour. The remaining space was filled with a little crumpled paper. Flour is HEAVY and a little bit of crumpled paper was not sufficient to hold the sack of flour securely. It shifted around and burst inside the shipping box. I lost about 25% of the flour and it was a bit of a mess too. Fortunately, this is just for hobby cooking and the remaining 75% was still more than enough flour for me. A restaurant, however, would be pretty annoyed.

Steve Z

Made 2 loaves already and amazing. Highly recommend!!!

Suzanne Parker
White Organic Grits

Best and creamiest I have ever eaten. Was very impressed! Would suggest you print the how to cook on each bag. Even as a southerner I forget the ratio of grits to water!😁

Yummy pancakes!

I made the buckwheat pancake recipe on the BSM’s website and they turned out beautifully fluffy and delicious.
I had never had buckwheat pancakes before but I will certainly have them again and again etc.
The AP BSM flour combined with their buckwheat flour made the texture of the pancakes so silky.
I highly recommend any of the BSM’s products. I’ve tried many of them and could not be happier.